How to complain
- We operate a complaint procedure, which meets national criteria.
- Please let us know if you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from:
- Medflight Services Ltd.
- Dr Lucinda Homer (GMC 3590496), acting in her capacity as an authorised Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) for the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
- We hope that we can sort out most problems easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the doctor concerned directly.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so as SOON AS POSSIBLE. This will help us to establish what happened more easily.
- If doing that is not possible, your complaint must be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the complaint.
- You should address your complaint in writing to: Dr L Homer, Office 19, Quadrant Court, 48 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1TH. alternatively by e-mail to
- Please be as specific and concise as possible.
Complaining on behalf of someone else
If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their written permission to do so, unless they are incapable of providing
What we will do
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 10 working days.
- We aim to have fully investigated your complaint within 21 working days of the date it was received.
- If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when we expect to finish.
- When we look at your complaint, we will investigate all the circumstances and make it possible for you to discuss the problem.
- We will make sure that you receive an apology, if this is appropriate.
- We will take steps to make sure that the problem does not arise again, if this is appropriate.
- We will send you a final letter setting out the results of any investigations.
Taking it further
- You are entitled to a second opinion from another independent AME on any decision made by Dr Homer, and any charges incurred are your responsibility.
- There is a medical appeals procedure/policy available on the CAA website: https://www.caa.co.uk/our-work/make-a-report-or-complaint/appeals/
- If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to:
United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority / Aeromedical Section / Aviation House / Gatwick Airport South/
West Sussex/ RH60YR / Tel 01293 573700 please give all the relevant details, and quote ref Dr Homer AME 472829G COMPLAINT.