How to complain
- Dr Lucinda Homer operates a complaint procedure, which meets the standards of the ISCAS.
- Please let me know if you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from:
- Dr Lucinda Homer (GMC 3590496), acting in her capacity as an authorised Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) for the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
- I hope that we can sort out most problems easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the doctor concerned directly.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so as SOON AS POSSIBLE. This will help me to establish what happened more easily.
- If doing that is not possible, your complaint must be submitted within 6 months of the incident that caused the complaint.
- You should address your complaint in writing to: Dr L Homer, Office 19, Quadrant Court, 48 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1TH. alternatively by e-mail to
- Please be as specific and concise as possible.
- If you wish to complain about Dr Ben Empson, please contact him directly. He has a different complaints process in place.
Complaining on behalf of someone else
If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their written permission/consent to do so, unless they are incapable of
What I will do
- I will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days.
- I aim to have fully investigated your complaint within 20 working days of the date it was received.
- If I expect it to take longer I will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when I expect to finish.
- When I look at your complaint, I will investigate all the circumstances and make it possible for you to discuss the problem.
- I will provide a written response to your complaint.
Taking it further